Sunday, October 27, 2013

life lately in five


one.
This has been on my extra long to-do list for quite some time. And at this point in our home renovations (feeling like it never ends), I needed a project that I would enjoy and see quick results. I went with Martha Stewart's Sea Glass and I couldn't be happier. It is the perfect turquoise that we are all looking for. 

two.
I have had a lot of cake orders recently, which makes our house smell awesome! But I was feeling bad for Bradley and myself because he could never eat any of these cakes. So, I dug up his Meme's pumpkin cake + cream cheese frosting recipe to surprise him. Halfway through, I realize I don't have any baking soda. Of course. This sent me to google to find out what you could substitute it for. They said to triple the amount of baking powder to equal the amount of baking soda. Mistake. It was terrible. It didn't have it's usual spongy consistency that was light and fluffy. Instead, it was dense and didn't taste the same. So, in the trash it went :( Better luck next time, Lark!


three.
 Round two of baking a cake for us. We won. It helps when you plan ahead and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients. Who would've thought! This is my grandmother's chocolate chip cake. It has chocolate chips obviously, pecans and rum. Can't go wrong with that combo!



four.
Our kitchen remodel. Honestly, I think this is the job from hell. My mom and I started it. Ya know, just two gals with hammers and crowbars, chipping away at 7 layers of various tile. It took us about five hours to get that an eight foot area removed, where the wood is. Then Bradley comes in and suggests we use a sledge hammer. Thanks honey! He showed us, and removed about a twelve foot area in 45 minutes. Ok, I'm gonna let you take this over now, because you have muscles and I don't and because I have better things to do with my time! Once this part is finished, we get new cabinets, new countertops and then a new fridge! Thank God, because this almond colored fridge from the 1980's that the previous owners so generously left us is just not cutting it. 

five.
 Bradley made us our first fire of the season, and I made us a pinecone garland! So festive around here! I'm going to do a tutorial on this for anyone that wants to make one, so keep an eye out for that this week. And of course, when I show Bradley, he gives me that really? face. You know the one that says you have to stop at some point. Um, no I don't. Now grab the other end and help me hang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...